Q: Ignition clicks but won't turn on

My car starts to vibrate and then won't move forward. Installed a new battery, but once I turn the key, it feels like it wants to turn on but it doesn't click.

A: Hi there. If the engine was starting to vib...

Hi there. If the engine was starting to vibrate and will no longer start then you can have a number of issues occurring. It can be anything from a failing sensor to a timing chain problem, which is common on this engine. If the engine will no longer crank over, and it sounds like the starter is engaging then I suspect a major engine problem. A mechanic would typically start by attempting to crank the engine over by hand using a large wrench on the crank pulley. If it cannot be moved then the engine has internal damage. If it can be moved then it may be something like a crank sensor. At that point a mechanic would start by installing a computer scan tool to check sensor readings and to check for codes.