Q: Hard shifting when engine warms up

My van has around 190,000 miles on it. There are no issue when the engine is cold. However, when it gets warmed up, some transmission issues start happening and the shifting becomes hard as if the van is under load. The vehicle doesn't burn oil. There are no leak either. What could be the problem?

Hello there, many different things that can cause the transmission to shift hard. The most common causes include: low fluid level, shift solenoids, torque converter, or the transmission linkage.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider enlisting a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose your shifting issue and perform any repairs required.

3. Hard shifting when engine warms up