Q: hydraulic clutch stuck in gear

I started working on my 900 SE turbo and pulled out my engine. When I put the engine back in and attached the manual gear box to it - hydraulic clutch - there was no gear what so ever. It was stuck in a gear. I checked my clutch and it works OK. Do you have any thoughts or ideas on this?

Hello. I suggest checking the shift linkages and the hydraulics of the clutch system. When putting the engine back in, the shift linkages may have been put back out of adjustment, or air could have been trapped in the clutch fluid. Bleeding the air out of the system will do the trick if air is present. Adjusting the shift linkages will fix your shift linkage problem if the cable is fine, and simply needs adjustment not a replacement. If you need help with this, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic can inspect your shifting issue and let you know what needs repair.