Q: my dodge journey 2009 ran out of fuel. I have put diesel back in but it still won't start? Please help, is there anything else I s

Car ran out of diesel, re filled with approx £5 worth. Car still wont start. breakdown recovery have no experience with dodge so had to re cover to our drive. Any help on what to do next please?

It is quite possible the fuel pump is damaged. Fuel, whether gasoline or diesel, acts as a coolant and lubricant for the fuel pump. When the fuel pump is ’run dry" due to running out of fuel, the pump can quickly overheat and fail. Another possibility is that the system is "air bound". Most diesel fuel systems need to be primed when run out of fuel. Unfortunately, I have no experience with a diesel-engine equipped Dodge Journey as they are not sold in our market. I cannot find any information as to whether the fuel system has a manual primer set up. It may be best to check with the nearest dodge dealer to see if the vehicle does have a primer feature.

3. my dodge journey 2009 ran out of fuel. I have put diesel back in but it still won't start? Please help, is there anything else I s