Q: A/c controls go in and out and now when i turn the car off and take the keys out, the lights are still on. Honda accord 2000.

It is stuck in defrost and none of the buttons work. The lights are still on with keys out the ignition. I unplugged the battery and plugged It back and It turned lights off but It in a default mode where all It does is defrost. It has been going in and out for a month. One day it works, the next day nothing lights up. I changed the radio to the cassette player and it started working again. I don't know if that's related.

Hi there:

Most of the time, this issue is caused by an electrical relay that has been damaged. It’s possible that during your radio swap, this may have caused an electrical issue with your AC system. However, it’s also possible that the AC control module is also faulty or the buttons are simply stuck on the back end of the dash. The best way to determine why this is happening is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a AC is not working inspection or replace the AC control switch.

3. A/c controls go in and out and now when i turn the car off and take the keys out, the lights are still on. Honda accord 2000.