Q: Knocking sound under car

asked by on February 22, 2017

When the car reaches about 50mph i begin to hear a knocking noise and the steering wheel shakes. Can you tell me what this could be?

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Either the tires are out of balance and causing the front end to shake and make the steering parts move around or there is a loose steering or suspension part that is moving around as the vehicle is going over bumps on the roadway. Also, the air dam under the vehicle could be loose causing it to make the noises that are heard at highway speeds. Look for any loose items that could make a sound when there is excessive air passing around them. If you need further assistance with your vehicle shaking and making a noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr