Q: My car gets these p0340 code no start as well as no rpm when cranking

I did a timing chain job on my car replaced chain tensioner guide vvt and intake camshaft and exhaust camshaft as well as the heads lifters rollers spring and seals after placing all together I get code p0340 checking the cam sensor resistance was normal no voltage read so I replace sensor and placed new harnest on the cam and crank and fuel injectors since it looked in bad shaped still car won't start there no rpm showing while cranking at all there is spark and fuel

Hi there:

When the signal to and from the camshaft position sensor and the PCM is broken, the ignition spark and fuel injector timing will fail and the PCM will store the P0340 OBD-II trouble code. This will trigger the illumination of the Check Engine Light and most likely be the source of your no starting issue. Some of the common reasons why this occurs includes camshaft position sensor circuit wiring or the connector that is broken, shorted, or corroded. Try replacing the electrical harness to the crankshaft position sensor and see if this clears things up for you.

3. My car gets these p0340 code no start as well as no rpm when cranking