Q: Why has my gas and oil level been going down a lot quicker than before? 2006 Toyota Camry

Usually, my gas level indiciator on my dashboard would reach the gas icon at around 220 miles. Now it reaches at around 180 with my regular driving habits. In addition, I noticed that I have to change my oil every 4,000 miles now, whereas before it would be 5,000 miles.

Hi there - the cause of your poor fuel mileage could be a leaking fuel injector, or your engine is running too rich (failed coolant temp sensor?). Excess fuel going into the engine both reduces your fuel mileage, but can also dilute engine oil, which would cause it to leak past piston rings and be burned by normal combustion. If you notice blue-black smoke, this could be an indicator. Check problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. I recommend an engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Why has my gas and oil level been going down a lot quicker than before? 2006 Toyota Camry