Q: Ignition wouldnt turn tried to jimmy steering wheel now steering locked and unable to unlock

went to start my car, ignition wouldnt turn. rocked the wheel a little bit while trying to start then it just turned up to 90 degrees left, wont move now and ignition still not working. Have sat out for a couple hours trying to jiggle the wheel and get the key turn at the end of my patience with that. any advice appreciated

Try another key if you have one. If you have no other key then try and get another one cut from the one you have. The key you have could be worn and not working. A fresh cut key may turn the ignition for you. If this does not work then the ignition cylinder would need to be replaced by a locksmith or mechanic. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the issue with your ignition to pinpoint the issue firsthand. Best of luck.

• Ignition wouldnt turn tried to jimmy steering wheel now steering locked and unable to unlock