Q: Revving problems

New intake manifold outlet cheacked all vacuum lines give it a rev and it stays at 1500rpm for a few seconds then drops back to normal 500-800 rpm

A: Hi there. This issue is typically caused by...

Hi there. This issue is typically caused by one of two issues. Either the throttle body blades are dirty and are sticking or the idle control valve is damaged and needs to be replaced. Before you purchase new parts, you might want to start with cleaning the throttle body. If this doesn't help, have one of our local mechanics diagnose the idling issues with your 97 Ford so they can pinpoint the exact source of the troubles.