Q: Using Casite EZ Connect Tire Repair for sealing tires

There is a product called Casite EZ Connect Tire Repair that's free with a rebate. If the tire slants a hole, it pumps up with special seal in it. Could it completely seal tire forever or is this supposed to be temporary like they advertize?

A: They say it’s temporary to cover their own ...

They say it’s temporary to cover their own butts so you don’t sue them. I have actually used stuff like that. I used a version from the company called, "Slime," and I put it in my wife’s tires. I’ve just changed the tires out, they were there five years and they didn’t lose any air at all. So that stuff often can work pretty good. But of course, if you see there is a nail, you’re going to have to take the nail and unplug the nail. If there is something that made a hole and then came out, that might seal it forever. But if it’s a nail or a piece of glass, you’ve got to take it out and fix it because it will just keep eating the holes in.