Q: car stuck

I have been away for about a month and a half and my car has been sitting there. Weather has been bad with two snow storms (I am in Massachusetts). Now i am trying to get my car out but can't. The left front wheel has ice under it and it slips but the right one has just water under it and doesn't move. I tried turning off traction control but that didn't help either. We tried removing as much ice as we could, even sprinkled salt and alcohol to clear the ice but car is still stuck. Tried rocking the car forward and back but that didn't help. The handbrakes are not engaged. I am wondering whether the brakes might have rusted and got stuck on the right front wheel or there might be some problem with the transmission with such long rest in winter. Any suggestions?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The best thing you can do is make traction. You need to use dirt, leaves, kitty litter, old carpeting, a floor mat, or other flat objects to stick under the tires to get traction. You also need to be prepared for when the car does eventually come out. Meaning you need to have a clear pathway to get back onto solid ground or a road. Place the object at the very front and back of the tires (all four if needed). If you cannot get the vehicle to get on top of the material, then you need to jack the car up one tire at a time and insert the materials under the tires. Worst case scenario, you must get a winch from someone who can pull you out (usually a larger or equal sized vehicle) or a tow truck.