Q: What are the common dash warning lights and what do they mean?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What are the common dash warning lights and what do they mean?

While your car has a number of essential warning lights that should trigger an immediate response, such as your Check Engine light, the Brake light, the Charging System light and the EPS light, there are other lights that indicate you need to take corrective action to turn them out. These include the following:

• Low Fuel: Fill up the tank.

• Driver Seat Belt: Buckle the driver front seat belt.

• Passenger Seat Belt: Buckle the passenger front seat belt.

• 4WD Flashing: Slow down and let the engine idle. The light will eventually turn off.

• A/T Oil Temp: Stop somewhere safe and put the car in park. Wait for the light to go off. If it doesn’t, have the vehicle inspected.

• Low Washer Fluid: Fill the washer fluid reservoir.

• Low Tire: Check the pressure on all four tires. If the light comes on and then begins blinking, it means there’s a problem with the system.

• MAINT REQD: This is your maintenance reminder light. It should be reset after the maintenance is completed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr