Q: How do I install a booster seat?

How do I install a booster seat?

If your child is too large for a forward-facing car seat but not yet large enough to use the seat belt correctly, you’ll need a booster seat. Actually, your child will spend more time in a booster seat than in either a rear-facing or forward-facing car seat. Here’s how to install a booster seat correctly in your car:

1. Place the booster seat in the second row seat.

2. Have your child sit in the seat.

3. Route the seat belt over your child correctly. The lap belt should fit over the hips, and the shoulder belt should run across your child’s chest and over their shoulder.

4. Check that the belt is secure and that it is situated properly. Make sure it’s not twisted.

3. How do I install a booster seat?