Q: Car won't start after starting minutes before, battery not dead

I have a 2000 Corolla that I have not been driving for a few months because it was not passing inspection because of brake rotors that needed to be fixed. I started it this morning and moved it out of my driveway. When I went to start it again it would not start at all. The battery is not dead. I put about 2 gallons of gas in because it was empty to see if this was the issue but that did not fix it either. What are the possibilities?

Firstly, remove the back seat’s bottom. Then listen near the fuel pump access cover when someone cycles the key on and off. You should hear the fuel pump come on. If not then you may have a burned out fuel pump. Another possibility is that your pump may not be getting fuel, especially if you are parked on an angle with not enough fuel in tank.

If you need some help with figuring out your starting issue, consider YourMechanic. A certified technician can come to your home and diagnose the issue firsthand. Good luck.