Q: 2005 Chevy Impala shuts off when slowing down, steering wheel gets tight and so does the breaks. Check engine light is on.

asked by on December 31, 2017

2005 Chevy Impala shuts off when slowing down, steering wheel gets tight and so does the breaks. Check engine light is on. I just replaced thermostat and radiator.

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Rashaun. Thanks for contacting us today. Your Chevrolet Impala has power-assisted brakes and steering, meaning that when the engine shuts off, it will make braking and steering more difficult - so this part is normal. The issue is your car stalling while slowing down. This is often caused by a restriction of fuel or the throttle body’s inability to correctly mix fuel and air at the proper ratio. The best way to determine what is causing this issue and ensure the right repairs are completed is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and [complete a car starts then stalls inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-starts-and-then-dies-inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr