Q: Brakes or transmission causing my vehicle to not speed up. It feels like something is dragging.

asked by on November 17, 2016

while driving my silverado truck under usual load conditions if I barely tap the brake pedal while i am on the gas it seems to rev a little bit and gets faster and kinda feels like it frees up.and the n further down the road I have to do it again and again. .almost like something is dragging or being hung up. . When it's free it hauls ass...

Brake Drum Replacement $233.96 - $1032.49 Get a Quote

Hi there. This sounds like the rear brakes on your vehicle are not adjusted right or the brakes are in need of service. The rear brakes on your vehicle are producing a brake drag after the brakes are applied, and when you barely touch the brake pedal the rear brakes will re-align up and become freed up. Try to adjust the brakes on the rear if they are a drum design. If the brakes will not adjust or if they are a disk and caliper setup then you will need to replace the rear brakes and have the wheel cylinder or caliper lubed up to move correctly. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not speeding up when under loaded conditions, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.