Q: Car won't start after sitting for 14 months

REPLACED FUEL FILTER, SPARK PLUGS, WIRING. FUEL FROM THE FUEL FILTER IS NOT GETTING TO THE ENGINE. I USED STARTING FLUID AND THE ENGINE STARTS AND THEN DIES AFTER THE FLUID IS GONE. WHEN THE OLD FUEL FILTER WAS REPLACED THERE WAS FUEL INSIDE. I GUESS THE FUEL BACK-UP IN THE LINE BECAUSE THERE WAS NO FUEL IN THE LINE WHEN THE FILTER WAS TAKEN OFF. NOW THE NEW FILTER IS ON AND THE FUEL MADE IT'S WAY BACK THE LINE BECAUSE THERE'S FUEL IN THE FILTER. STILL NOT GETTING TO THE ENGINE. WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE.

A: Hi there. Check the fuel pump to see if it ...

Hi there. Check the fuel pump to see if it is energizing, and check the fuel pump relay to see if it is clicking when you turn on the key. If the relay is not clicking, then remove the relay and check to see if there is any power with using a test light. If there is power, then swap the relay out with the horn relay and see if the relay clicks.

If the relay clicks, then the relay went out and needs to be replaced. If the relay still does not click, then check the ground circuit for continuity, which is the feed circuit to the fuel pump. If there is no continuity, then the fuel pump needs to be replaced.

If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your location to determine why the car is not starting and suggest the necessary repairs.