Q: my car is a Malibu 2008 stuck in neutral gear what wrong with it

stuck in neutral gear won't drive

A: If the gear selector is stuck in neutral, t...

If the gear selector is stuck in neutral, there can be a few causes. The brake light switch may be shorted. Also, the shift interlock mechanism may be out of adjustment or broken or the shifter linkage / cable may be worn or out of adjustment. If the shifter does move from Park to Reverse or Drive freely but the vehicle does not move when you hit the gas pedal, there may be an internal transmission failure. Components in the transmission like the front pump or valve body may be at fault. Have a certified technician check why your vehicle will not shift.