Q: Whenever I drive over a small bump on the road, the car gives me a small jump. If I replace the suspension will I get a smoother drive?

asked by on March 09, 2017

Whenever I drive over a small bump on the road I get a light jolt, if I replace the suspension on my mazda 6 2010 will I get a better road performance and a smooth drive?

Clunking noise when I drive over bumps Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If your vehicle is having a popping noise or a bounce effect when driving over bumps, then there could be an issue with the suspension and the shock absorber. If the vehicle is clunking then there could be an issue with the control arm bushings as they could be broken or damaged. If the shock absorber is not working or leaking, then the vehicle will bounce the wheels off the ground when driving through pot holes or driving over bumps. If you need further assistance with your vehicle making a jolt feeling when going over bumps, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr