Q: My serpentine belt & pulley fell off

asked by on November 24, 2016

I Was Driving & It Became Hard For Me To Turn. So I Popped My Hood, My Belt & Pulley Fell

Hello there, a variety of failures will cause your 2004 Ford Crown Victoria to have a drive belt and pulley fall off. The steering will become difficult when the drive belt comes off the engine as the power steering pump is powered by the drive belt. If the drive belt comes off the vehicle may die, steering will become hard, and the engine may overheat so it should not be driven until the problem is repaired. Common causes are pulley failure, tensioner fault, failed drive belt, or a seized engine accessory. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your drive belt issues and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.