Q: What is the replacement cost for the rear axle on a 2007 Ford Escape

The estimate for a junk yard rear axle replacement of $1,000.00 seems high to me. Thanks. Chris

Hi there. The cost of replacement will vary based on what model the vehicle is and if it is all wheel drive. It will also vary based on where you have it done due to the labor cost and what the wrecking yard charged for the axle. The cost of $1000 is not too far out of line, but you may get it cheaper if shop around for it.

• What is the replacement cost for the rear axle on a 2007 Ford Escape