Q: Check Engine Light illuminated in car.

My Check Engine light is a coming on. What does this mean?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The Check Engine Light coming on is to alert the driver that the engine or powertrain is having a problem that it has detected. The light could be something simple like the gas cap was left loose to the engine is miss firing or the transmission is having an issue. I would recommend having a mechanic, like the certified ones at YourMechanic, come and check it out for you to see what is causing the light to be coming on and what is the problem.