Q: Why does my car start to display a Maintenance Required Light?

starts to displace the word MAINT REQD IN THE DASH BOARD

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. The "MAINT REQD" on the dash means that it is time to do an oil change. The light is on a timer of 4500 miles. This light will start to flash and then one day it will stay on. I recommend changing the engine oil if you have not done it yet.

To remove the light, locate the button on the dash where you can find your miles, trip A, and trip B. With the key on, put the button onto trip B, hold down the button, turn the key off, and turn the key back on while holding the button. You will then see lines that will begin to disappear one by one. Once the lines disappear, let go of the button.

If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, who can service your oil and help you with your warning light at your home or office.

3. Why does my car start to display a Maintenance Required Light?