Q: Car will not crank or turnover

My 2007 Nissan Altima lost power while I was driving and cut off in the middle of traffic. I made it to the turn lane and it has not started since. The Car will not start. The cam and crank sensors both have been replaced but it will not turnover to start. Can you make some suggestions to the possible problem.

Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1142.70 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Check for continuity in the fuse block that is adjacent to the positive battery terminal. The block will sometimes corrode (due to its proximity to the battery) causing a no start condition. The blocks are replaceable as a unit. Once you have confirmed that the block is electrically intact, be sure any engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated, thus preventing the car from starting. When there is no starter motor operation, broadly that means that either the starter motor/solenoid assembly is faulty or the electrical circuit (including that fuse block by the way) supplying the motor has a fault. That circuit begins at the battery and includes grounds, wiring (some of which is very heavy cabling), fuses, relays, the ignition switch and terminations. Basically, with the key held in the "start" position, the starter is either getting power or it isn’t. With the key in the "start" position, if the starter motor is getting power but it doesn’t work, the starter is condemned and replaced. On the other hand, with the key in the "start" position, if there is no power to the starter, then the circuit is traced until the fault in the circuit is found. In addition to a faulty ignition switch, faults can include high resistances, due to corrosion, wire strand breaks, or loose terminals, which can only be diagnosed using a voltage drop test. If you desire that a certified mechanic resolve this, please simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get the problem diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.