Q: I hear a squeaking sound when I ride over bumps. Do I need to spray with wd40

I hear sqeaking when I ride over cracks and bumps. Can I use wd40 on the joints.

Rubber bushings in the vehicle suspension will be damaged, and fail early, if exposed to petroleum solvents such as WD-40, engine oil and grease and so forth. All of these rubber bushings are designed to operate dry. If a bushing has failed, or a rubber spring insulator has torn, you might be hearing metal to metal contact and that could account for the squeaking. Possible sources of squeaking noises are the strut, shock absorber, sway bar links and frame mount, control arms, strut mounts, ball joints and so forth. All of those possibilities have to be examined to pinpoint the origin of the noise. If you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise. There are many, many components in the suspension that could account for the noise, some are not expensive to repair and all can be repaired right at your location. Thus, I encourage you to seek out the diagnostic and then with the mechanic’s advice and explanation, you can decide how best to handle it. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I hear a squeaking sound when I ride over bumps. Do I need to spray with wd40