Q: Rransmission slipping causing check engine light to come on hard shifting when warm only first gear is harsh

Transmission slipping causing check engine light to come on harsh shifting when warm on first gear does this the rest are fine

A: From what you describe it would appear th...

From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle may be experiencing some mild to serious transmission issues. If the Check Engine Light is on I would recommend retrieving the trouble codes, as they will likely shed some light on what the issue may be.

Transmission slipping and hard shifting during first gear can be caused by a few things. I would start by checking the transmission fluid to make sure that it is at the correct level and not excessively dirty or contaminated, as bad fluid can cause transmission issues. It may also be possible that the issue is due to a worn transmission, perhaps in the form of worn gears or clutch packs, for first gear.

I would start by checking the fluid and trouble codes, and going from there. If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to you to properly diagnose your Check Engine Light and help you make the necessary repairs to you car.