Q: Ticking noise becoming faster with higher RPMs

There was a ticking sound that seemed to be coming from the front end of the vehicle, when I started it up yesterday. When I applied the gas pedal, and as the RPM was increasing, the sound was also becoming faster. However, after I waited for a while and restarted the car, the noise disappeared. What could cause this noise?

Hi there. In most cases, if this happened all of a sudden and went away after a moment, then it may just be low on oil or it may need an oil change. I would check the oil first. If the level is fine then I would change the oil to see if it helps.

If the oil change does not change anything then it may have an exhaust leak or an internal engine issue that is starting. If you want to have the oil changed and have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you home or office to diagnose the source of the noise and repair this.

Our certified mechanics come to you 銉籅acked by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee銉籉air and transparent pricing