Q: Engine light is on, suspect catalytic converter

My 2009 chevrolet cruze got the problem of engine light always on,the dealership told me its a catalytic converter dirtyness and they try to clean it and drain the tissue that is inside as a result the car make a noise,what can I do to overcome this problem? because I like this car

If your catalytic converter was having an issue as diagnosed by the dealership and it has been modified to correct the issue with no success, I would start by recommending a replacement of the catalytic converter. It would also be a good idea to go ahead and get new O2 sensors along with it since they will need to be removed in order to remove the converter. The replacement of these parts will almost certainly resolve the issues that you are currently having. If you would like to have these services done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to conduct these repairs.

3. Engine light is on, suspect catalytic converter