Q: My car shut off while at a stoplight. I got it started only for it to shut off agin. It starts then shuts off.

Car stopped while at at stoplight. I got it started and got it to a safe place but it shut off again. It would start for a moment but shut off seconds later .. then it wouldn't start again for a while. Got it started again and drove it a bit then it shut off again while accelerating after being stopped at a stoplight.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is stalling due to an electrical issue (typically pertaining to power supply or a sensor), a lack of fuel, or a failure with the ignition (spark) system. You will want to start by scanning the vehicle for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. Use any information found there to help guide you to the system or component that is failing. Without that information, you will want to test the fuel pump, ignition cables, spark plugs, and alternator function. Further testing may need to be done based on those results. For more help with diagnostics, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. My car shut off while at a stoplight. I got it started only for it to shut off agin. It starts then shuts off.