Q: Front axle thunks when turning

asked by on February 02, 2016

The front axle thunks when I turn. I was told that I have to replace the U-joint on it.

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

That does sound like the problem. The u-joints spin with the wheel all the time on your Jeep. Do not delay the repair for too long. If the u-joint fails, it can cause more damage and possibly lock the wheel, or bind the steering. A qualified mechanic from YourMechanic can come out and inspect your steering and suspension to let you know exactly what repairs need to be made.