Q: What should I know about rotating my tires?

What should I know about rotating my tires?

Proper tire care involves quite a few things. You need to check the tire pressure regularly. You need to inspect the tread for wear. You need to check for damage to the sidewalls. You also need to make sure the tires are rotated regularly (roughly with every other oil change). Here’s how to rotate them:

Vehicles with Same Size Spare:

• The spare tire should move to the passenger rear position. The passenger rear tire moves to the passenger front position. The passenger front tire becomes the spare. The driver side tires rotate front to back.

Vehicles with Compact Spare Tire

• The front tires should move straight back, and the back tires should move straight forward. The spare tire should not be used at all except for after a flat.