Q: What else can i do to diagnose the exact problem of my cars miss fire on the 3rd cylinder?

Car is miss firing on cylinder 3. It uses alot of extra gas. It can barely pull hills.engine jerks when starting car. I have bought and put on the car a new fuel injector,spark plugs , wires, coil pack,fuel pressure regulator and ignition module. What else can I do!?

If electronics and fuel supply have been ruled out, the next possible cause is a mechanical issue. Have a compression test done across all 4 cylinders. If #3 is lower than the other three cylinders, it is possible there is a damaged valve or piston/rings.

Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, complete a misfire inspection at the convenience of your home as another possibility is that there is no signal to cylinder #3 from the PCM. The PCM can be faulty and/or a break in the wiring harness between the PCM and cylinder #3.

• What else can i do to diagnose the exact problem of my cars miss fire on the 3rd cylinder?