Q: Dead battery jump-started, but no causes found. 2014 Buick Verano

The battery in my car is totally dead and my car will not start. I could not even get the key to come out of the ignition. A car service came and jump-started the car, yet they could not find anything wrong with it. I drive my car every day and the problem started after it had been parked overnight in the garage. I checked and could not find anything that I might have left on that might have drained the battery. The battery did take the charge and my car has performed in good condition today. Can you tell me if there is something that might have caused this problem, that the car service might have missed?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2014 Buick Verano. This could potentially be a charging system problem. As you may already know, your car has an onboard charging system called an alternator which works to keep your battery charged at all times. If this is not working properly, your battery will not stay charged. The fact that your battery took a new charge and stayed charged suggests that the battery is not the problem. If the problem comes back and persists, have an expert mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your charging system to pinpoint any faults.