Q: Rav4 sluggish to accelrate AND jerks at the point of selcting gear on attaining obver 30km/h

My toyota rav4 2008 is slow sluggish/lacks good power to take off at rest after some mins it gains enough power and is fast( i have changed fuel pump and air flow sensor). Sames lack of power is noticed during reversing from state of rest......Also, after an accleration up to 30km/h the a one off jerking is felt at the driver side especially when it looks like it was a point of gear selection. This one jerk on driver side can be noticed when in full accleration and point where gear needs to be selected automatically.

I would suggest checking the throttle position sensor as this is often times the problem with jerking and hesitation. The throttle position sensor monitors the position of your foot on the gas pedal and relays this info to the car’s computer telling when to direct the fuel injection system to supply more or less fuel. When this is not working properly, this will cause the jerking that you describe. I would recommend testing and/or replacing the throttle position sensor.

• Rav4 sluggish to accelrate AND jerks at the point of selcting gear on attaining obver 30km/h