Q: My car have a RAF problem

Hi sir Good evening my nissan x- trail 2L start normaly but this time when i start my car up to 1 liter water was come out from exhast and my car dosnt take raf i am press the exilator but it was not work raf needle only go to no 2 not go up to 2 and also engine light show after that i diagnose the car machine show ECM FAULT please tell me solution of this problem thanks

Best regards

Malik

A: Hello, thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hello, thanks for contacting YourMechanic. When a vehicle is started up and about a liter of water emerges from the tail pipe, there is a problem. One problem is that you could have too much condensation in your pipes. The other problem is the engine could have a head gasket failure.

When starting the vehicle, check to see if the water coming out of the tail pipe is clear and smell the air around the tail pipe to see if it smells sweet. If the water is clear and there is no smell, then that is condensation that you are seeing. If the water is the color of your coolant in the radiator and there is a sweet smell then there is a problem with the engine head gasket.

As far as the engine light having a code for ECM FAULT, then there could be a problem with the computer. This code means that the computer has either lost power from the battery or the ground is defective. Check the battery terminal connections and fuses for any of them burned. Check where the computer is and see if there is any wires hanging. If you have diagnosed your vehicle and found nothing wrong, then your computer ground is probability the problem. The computer ground is inside the computer itself. I recommend removing and replacing the computer with a new one. If you need further help diagnosing the issue

If you need further help addressing these issues, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the exhaust system and Check Engine Light in order to have these resolved.