Q: Go kart steering

We are creating a go kart vehicle for college level championship.We have planned to use pitman arm steering.please help me with the advantages of pitman arm steering over other type of steering

Hi there. Pitman arm steering with a recirculating ball and nut steering box is a great way to have a steering system for a go kart. You can adjust the caster angle on the go kart to make the steering work without having a power steering pump. You also can use a rack and pinion steering system that is for a manual steering vehicle, which don’t have power steering. This is a one piece steering unit that serves the same purpose of the steering box system and is lighter too. Or, you could get a hydraulic cylinder double direction feed and use it as a steering system, but you will need a pump to operate the cylinder. If you need further assistance with choosing the best steering system for your go kart, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Go kart steering