Q: engine check light problem for a 1995 Nissan Maxima

asked by on July 26, 2017

I had the engine check light coming on and fix what I believed to be the problem but it came back on with in a few day both time. First time changed the Knock sensor and the second time changed the air flow metor

Hello, thank you for writing in. Considering the age and the mileage on the vehicle, it is not impossible for a few of these components to be going out at once. If the check engine light remains on, you will want to pull any existing codes from the vehicle’s computer. You can then reset the codes and drive the car like normal. If the light resets and the codes are the same, you can be sure there is another problem with the system setting the code. Further action can be taken from there. For more help at that point, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.