Q: Q: Transmission won't shift into second gear

As I started my car today everything sounded fine nothing out of the ordinary after reversing out of the driveway, I put my car into drive and reved it up to go. I noticed that I couldn't shift onto second gear and could only go 10mph tops, reverse works fine and I put a new transmission in September 2016.

This is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Transmission won't shift into second gear