Q: What precautions should be followed when connecting a device to the auxiliary jack?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What precautions should be followed when connecting a device to the auxiliary jack?

While using the auxiliary jack is really about as simple as connecting the device, turning both systems on and then enjoying your music, there are a few precautions that you should follow. Here’s what you should know:

• Turn the volume down on your player and turn the volume up on the car’s radio if the audio is distorted.

• If the volume on your player is too high, the sound will be low quality.

• Only use a standard line out connection. Never use a line level output.

• Don’t adjust the sound or other controls on your device while driving as it will distract you from looking at the road.

• The sound output level and quality varies with each device, so you may have to experiment with settings to get things just right.