Q: What precautions should be followed when connecting a device to the auxiliary jack?

What precautions should be followed when connecting a device to the auxiliary jack?

While using the auxiliary jack is really about as simple as connecting the device, turning both systems on and then enjoying your music, there are a few precautions that you should follow. Here’s what you should know:

• Turn the volume down on your player and turn the volume up on the car’s radio if the audio is distorted.

• If the volume on your player is too high, the sound will be low quality.

• Only use a standard line out connection. Never use a line level output.

• Don’t adjust the sound or other controls on your device while driving as it will distract you from looking at the road.

• The sound output level and quality varies with each device, so you may have to experiment with settings to get things just right.

3. What precautions should be followed when connecting a device to the auxiliary jack?