Q: Emergency flashers activating on their own.

Hello my car locked me out of the system I disconnected the battery and reconnected the battery had to jump start the car and now the flashers are coming on every 3 to 4 seconds

Hello. If your hazard lights are malfunctioning, especially after a jump start, then it may be possible that there is an issue with one of the electrical components. The flashers are controlled by electrical relays that switch power to them on and off. If the electrical relays malfunction internally, they can cause the hazard lights to act up. The emergency lights are wired through the turn signal and flasher relays. These are usually located in the fuse panel found in the engine bay, in some cases one relay controls both functions. Inspecting, and testing them with a multi-meter can determine if they are working properly. If they are fine, then it may be possible that there is some sort of wiring issue that has occurred, perhaps an electrical short somewhere that is causing them to come on. Another possibility could be an issue with the turn signal or hazard switches themselves, perhaps internal faults. If you are unsure I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose of your hazard light malfunction.