Q: Engine

I have an 2009 gmc sierra crew cab sle flex fuel 5.3 liter and I need a motor . they said I had to go back with a 2009 or 2010 5.3 liter or can I put an older one in I tried a 2004 5.3 liter and there was three censors that didn't hook up so they pulled it back out. Can I put a 2010 6.0 liter engine in it that came out of a surburban

You should go with the same motor you had originally. If not you will run into fit problems and computer issues with the sensors after you try to start it. There will be less problems by going with same motor.