Q: My car won't start until after a couple tries turning it on

My car turns on, radio, lights, etc work just fine. But sometimes, it will take a couple turns of the key to get the car on. Last time I had this problem, it was problems with the starter or alternator(can't remember). I got it fixed about two years ago. I have to get a new valve cover gasket because of a leak so maybe that has something to do with it

Hi there. Typically when your electrical accessories are working well, but it takes a few cranks for the engine to start, the issue is with the fuel or ignition system. In most cases, clogged or dirty fuel injectors, throttle body or mass air flow sensor will be the root source of this problem. In other cases, spark plugs or plug wires that are worn out can also be the source. I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic from our team come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection first, before replacing any parts. This will allow them to correctly diagnose the issue and ensure the right repairs are made.

3. My car won't start until after a couple tries turning it on