Q: Calipher stuck

I cannot get the caliper stop off the rotor, it's rusted how can I get it off I have a new rotor to put on as well as new brake pads but the rotor seems to be stuck onto the caliper or vice versa? What can I do? We've tried lubricant we've tried heat what else is there and do you have anything that can get this off so we can put the new one on? Thank you

Hello. If the caliper will not release from the rotor then the brake line should be cracked open first to see if there is pressure int he hydraulic system that is keeping it locked up. If not then the caliper is simply siezed. This can take a large pry bar to be able to get the caliper off. In some cases I typically have to heat up the caliper with a torch if it is seized or overly corroded. If you need to have this caliper removed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace your calipers.