Q: Speedometer and odometer off when starting the car

Good day would like to find out what could be wrong with my automatic transmission toyota ipsum 1997 model. Sometimes when starting the engine the speedometer and the odometer are both off and when i switch off the engine try to start , both appear to work correctly. if it fails i remove the car battery and then both appear to work normal.what should i do?

A: Hey there. Although we need a bit more info...

Hey there. Although we need a bit more information from you to accurately pinpoint the source of your issue, it sounds like this could be due to a damaged or faulty transmission speed sensor. Sometimes the speed sensor, which monitors and controls the speedometer and odometer along with the cruise control can become dirty. The electrical connection harness can also cause issues you’re describing. I recommend having a qualified professional diagnose your odometer and speedometer so that these can properly be repaired.