How do I install a front-facing child restraint with a se...

Q: How do I install a front-facing child restraint with a seat belt?

How do I install a front-facing child restraint with a seat belt?

A front-facing child restraint system that uses a seat belt is easy to install. To do so, follow these quick steps: 1. Place the restraint on one of the rear seats. While you can install a front-facing restraint in the front seat, you should always situate it on a rear seat. If you use the front seat, be sure that the Passenger Airbag Off indicator comes on. 2. Run the seat belt through the child restraint system, following the instructions provided by the manufacturer. 3. Buckle the seat belt. 4. Extend the shoulder belt fully, and then release it so that it retracts. This sets the Automatic Locking Mode, which will ensure that the seat is held firmly in place. 5. Remove any remaining slack in the seat belt by pulling on the shoulder and lap belts. 6. Check all aspects of system and belt, by trying to move the child restraint. You should not be able to move the system more than an inch from side to side. Tips Always follow the instructions provided by the child restraint system’s manufacturer.