Q: Car is cranking but not firing up to start

Car has new plugs and optispark still won't turn over causing the battery to drain when trying to start and over heating wires where the ground is melting loud popping noise and sputtering

The car not starting will first require a good strong battery to do diagnosis on this condition. I would first go through some preliminary checks. First, would be to check for spark at the spark plugs. If you have spark then I would check the fuel pressure to be above 40 psi. On this car, if you have spark and fuel, then you will need to see if you have a fuel injection signal to open the injectors.

If you have all three of these then you have an internal timing problem with the camshaft timing. If you have no injection signal then you would need to diagnose the computer to see why it is not signaling the injectors to open. I recommend having a thorough diagnostic check of your starting issue by an experienced mechanic to determine what is exactly causing the problem.