Q: Hi i have a 2009 dodge journey and it drives great but if you get over 70mph it starts pulsating. What could that be?

asked by on March 08, 2017

Hi i have a 2009 dodge journey and it drives great but if you get over 70mph it starts pulsating. What could that be?

Hello, thank you for writing in. 85% of the time, when you have issues driving at high speeds, specially when you can feel them and hear them, you have an issue with your tires. The best place to start is to make sure they are properly and evenly inflated. During that process take a look at the tread and see if it is wearing evenly, and if there is a good amount of tread left. If the tread is uneven, you may need to rotate the tires. If nothing look visibly different or wrong between the tires, you should have the tires balanced. If the issue does not go away, look to the suspension for any flaws or issues. For more help with the pulsating, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.