Q: whining noise in front end

2004 ford f 150..Right side brake caliper was hanging up and it burned the brake pads up..Replaced the rotor and the caliper and pads and now i have a pull to the right after doing the work.The caliper is free now and im suspecting the wheel bearing.It makes a howling noise after you drive it for a few miles.Cannot feel any play in the bearing but it seems to be the only thing that would cause my problem.

The pulling on braking and the suspected problem with the bearing (i.e., the possible bearing noise) may be a coincidence, especially if you only repaired the brakes on one side of the vehicle. If pads and/or rotors on only one side are replaced, the braking effect (or power) will then be different from side to side and that alone can account for pulling. If you did replace the brakes (pads and rotors) on both sides, then the pulling on braking could be due to a failed bearing but it could also be due to side to side variance in tire inflation pressure, misalignment or worn suspension parts. The noise you are describing does commonly accompany bearing failure but, as you are seeing, bearing failure is not always accompanied by measurable play in the assembly. Failing bearings will make lots of noise way before there is any measurable indication (on a dial indicator) of a failure. To get the bearing inspected, and replaced if failed, please request hub assembly inspection/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. whining noise in front end