Q: Car starts, then shakes and idles rough

My car starts fine, but it has a rough idle, shakes, and has a funny gasoline smell coming out of the exhaust.

The fuel injection fuel regulator is leaking fuel into the intake when you are running and causing excessive fuel to get into the engine and this is the reason you smell gas fumes from the tail pipe. The fuel regulator and possible injector regulator may need to be replaced. I recommend you have a mechanic, like ones from YourMechanic, to inspect your vehicle and replace your fuel injector if needed.

3. Car starts, then shakes and idles rough